Weed Control in & Around Escanaba, Marquette, & Iron Mountain, MI
Keep pesky weeds out of the picture with our weed control program!
Weeds can be more than just unsightly; they can also steal sunlight, water, and vital nutrients from your turf. Our team at Turf Badger offers a weed control program that will rid your lawn of pesky weeds. We provide this service to property owners in Escanaba, Marquette, Iron Mountain, and nearby communities in Michigan. Our weed control program includes both pre-emergent and post-emergent weed control treatments as well as other treatments that will improve your lawn's health. Our weed control schedule begins in the early spring and ends in the fall. Some common weeds we treat for include broadleaf plantain, black medic, barnyard grass, and more.
What is included in our weed control program?
Our comprehensive weed control program consists of our highly effective weed control treatments along with a variety of other lawn care treatments. These services include:
- Pre-emergent weed control: These weed control treatments are designed to prevent new weeds from breaking through the surface of your lawn. They are applied at the beginning of our weed control program.
- Post-emergent weed control: These treatments are used to target any weeds that have successfully broken through the surface of your lawn. They are applied throughout our weed control program.
- Fertilizer: Our team uses enhanced-efficiency liquid fertilizer treatments during each step of our weed control program. These treatments will provide sustained nourishment for your lawn and replenish vital nutrients.
- Insect control: One of the steps of our weed control program includes surface insect control. These treatments are designed to protect your lawn from harmful insects like billbugs, chiggers, armyworms, and more.
- Sea kelp, humic acid, and fulvic acid: Our spring, late summer, and fall fertilizer treatments include sea kelp and humic and fulvic acid. The sea kelp help to improve the growth of your lawn's roots and increase your lawn's resistance to disease and other stressors. Humic and fulvic acid help your turf green up more quickly following winter dormancy.
What does our weed control treatment schedule look like?
Our weed control program consists of 5 treatments that begin in the early spring and end in the fall. Each treatment includes:
- 1st treatment - Pre-emergent weed control and liquid fertilizer with humic and fulvic acid and sea kelp
- 2nd treatment - Post-emergent weed control and liquid fertilizer
- 3rd treatment - Post-emergent weed control and liquid fertilizer
- 4th treatment - Post-emergent weed control and liquid fertilizer with humic and fulvic acid and sea kelp
- 5th treatment - Post-emergent weed control and liquid fertilizer with humic and fulvic acid and sea kelp
Our dethatching and liquid aeration services are optional add-ons for our weed control program.
What are some common weeds that we treat?
Our weed control program targets a wide variety of weeds that are commonly found in Michigan. Some of the grassy weeds that we treat include annual bluegrass, annual ryegrass, barnyard grass, and crabgrass. Some of the flowering weeds we treat include black medic, ground ivy, and wild violets. We also treat weeds like dandelions, clover, and broadleaf plantain. Our highly effective combination of pre-emergent and post-emergent weed control treatments will target these weeds when they grow and prevent new ones from germinating.
Call us today to sign up for our comprehensive weed control program!
Our lawn care experts at Turf Badger have proudly served the homes and businesses in Escanaba, Marquette, Iron Mountain, and surrounding cities in Michigan since 2009. Our team knows all the tips and tricks to help you achieve a healthy, weed-free lawn. If you are interested in signing up for our comprehensive weed control program, give us a call at 906-399-1718 today!